Tuesday, July 1, 2008
The First Idea
I am in agreement about the discussion we had today about nurturers as educators. I worked in one school in my district that contained many teachers who cared and all of our kids benefited. The atmosphere within the building was great because we all helped each other when necessary. The poverty level in the building was high and our kids needed all of the support that they could get. All of the teachers built a strong rapport with the children. Many of our children lacked background knowledge, and we were fortunate to have a family resource center in our building. This center received many grants that made it possible for us to provide field trips and after-school classes for our families. Many of the teachers participated in these experiences with the families. When I left that school to go to a different one in our district, my own children didn't understand why because they thought that I was needed. We all need to be part of nurturing our society!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Ellen, you're needed wherever you go...your calming influence on others is a gift!
Post a Comment